Youth & Family
If you are struggling with anything at all, our Youth & Family (YAF) Worker can assist you and/or your family by providing emotional and practical support, advocacy, information and resources, in an environment that is non- judgmental, safe and friendly.
Are you struggling with:
• Family Relationships
• Adolescent/Parent Conflict
• Family Violence
• Peer Relationships
• Low self-esteem
• School stuff
• Education & Employment
• The Law
• Alcohol & Other Drugs
• Mental Health
• Sexual Health
• Living & Social Skills
If you want to see a Youth & Family worker for help, you can simply ask anyone at EDYS, or call us up anytime on 9548 2734. You can “self-refer” or a friend, relative or agency (like a school) can also refer you to get help. We can also meet up in an environment that is comfortable and safe, for example, the home, our centre, a coffee shop, etc
The Youth & Family Worker is able to help you
• Feel more connected with your family
• Assist you to understand who else may be available to help you
• Help you in expressing your worries to ensure your needs are met
• Be a safe option when things get tough
• Listen to your concerns with school, family or friendships
• Talk to you about healthy and unhealthy relationships.
The Youth and Family Program is operated at EDYS as a project of Sutherland Shire Family Services. The program works with young people and their families to overcome adversities in their lives.